[tulip] 10baseT card only works with 10/100 Mbs hubs - followup

Nate Summers nsummers@gw.bsu.edu
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:28:03 -0500

I've managed to get another of the 10/100 hubs. The cards work
fine with those, too.

It is rumored that Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> on 11/22/00
at 05:22PM wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Nate Summers wrote:

>> I have serveral SMC Etherpower 10 Mbs cards (21041 chipset)
and have
>> noticed an interesting problem - they run great on one 10/100
Mbs hub (at
>> 10 Mbs of course) but do not work at all with any other hub.

> What driver version?

tulip.c:v0.92l 8/19/2000

> What was the detection message?

eth0: Digital DC21041 Tulip rev 17 at 0x281a 000, <HW address>,
IRQ 11
<snip>

Is this the message you were refering to?  I can give you the
output of tulip_diag if you wish.

>> The regular 10baseT hubs are of diverse types and brands.
>An interesting detail: which hubs supported autonegotiation?

AFAIK, only the 10/100 hub (the one that the cards work in)
supports autonegotiation.

I've tried insmod tulip options=4,4, but it hasn't helped.

Rockwalrus