[tulip] 100 Full duplex with 21143 (Digital DE500BA adapter) been fixed?

Stephen Gutknecht (vw) VW@i405.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:21:17 -0800

Went to the used computer store in my quest for good tulip cards... I found
two Digital DE500BA adapters and got them for $15 each.  Look new and no
differences between the two (same board revision).

Thought I scored... Until I started reading about them in the list archives.

Seems that the tulip driver 21143 transceiver support has been broken,
reports in the tulip archives go back 18 months complaining with the adapter
switch from DE500-AA (21140) to DE500-BA (21143).  Seems they won't do
100-full-duplex properly, even when two are connected via a crossover cable.

Has this been resolved?

The most recent problem report that I found was from January 2000:
  http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/2000-Jan/0019.html

And it doesn't look good!

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Renton, Washington