[tulip] ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter ?

ktt kestutis98@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 07:27:40 -0800 (PST)

I have problems while configuring linksys fast
ethernet  10/100
card. when I loading tulip.o compilled as kernel
module, getting

debian:/# insmod tulip
Using /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/tulip.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/net/tulip.o: init_module: Device
or resource busy
Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module
parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

while /proc/pci

shows:

 Bus  0, device  19, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device
(rev 17).
      Vendor id=1317. Device id=985.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ
9.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=255.Max
Lat=255.
      I/O at 0xf800 [0xf801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfedffc00
[0xfedffc00].

And diagnostic program compilled from tulip-diag.c

shows:

debian:/tmp1/tulip# ./tulip-diag
tulip-diag.c:v2.04 9/26/2000 Donald Becker
(becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter at
0xf800.
 Port selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx
scrambler, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
 The Comet MAC registers are 0d782000 ffff5ef9 filter
0000000000000000.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed
contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

why ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter :-?

thank you in advance.