[tulip] device or resource busy

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:56:22 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Charles Owen wrote:

> Subject: Re: [tulip] device or resource busy
> I just repeated the second block of commands, and
> here is the relevant output from dmesg:
>
> tulip.c:v0.92i 7/31/2000 Written by <you> etc.

Hmmmm, that is a recent version.

What card do you actually have?  It should be reported in /proc/pci or by
running 'lspci'.

ADMtek has recently released a new 1/10-PNA (with 10/100) version of the
Centaur.  This new chip is only support by the privately released version.

I'm spending the rest of today working on and testing the Tulip driver,
incorporating several of the recent bug fixes:
   21143 autonegotiation when there is no EEPROM table
   PNIC and PNIC-II lossage when link beat is temporarily lost (two distinct
      problems)

> Several days ago I installed a 3com cyclone card, and
> everthing worked well. Unfortunately, the card didn't belong
> to me, so I took it out and put in the linksys card. Kudzu
> recognized that the 3com card was gone, but failed to
> recognize the new card.

And is't Kudzu just as annoying as its namesake...