[tulip] device or resource busy

Ramesh Kartha ramesh_kartha@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:55:09 -0800 (PST)

Charles -

I cannot speak for you, but here's how I fixed mine:

Go to BIOS setup (hitting F1 during machine startup).
Look for a configuration that looks like "PnP support
in OS". Change it to "NO" or "disable" whatever the
case may be. Save and exit, reboot in Linux.

It worked for me.

It seems that the PnP support turned on BIOS causes
trouble for Linux when it probes the card.

Hope this helps...

Ramesh.

> Others seem to have had the same problem, so I
> apologize
> for the repetition.
>
> I am using kernel 2.2.17, and a linksys 10/100
> ethernet card.
>
> I did the following:
>
>  rpm -i

ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdriver-2.0.src.rpm