[tulip] tulip.c won't compile on my redhat linux7.0 box

Thomas Dodd ted@cypress.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:06:58 -0600

Dmitry Pogosyan wrote:

> The problem with compilation is not compiler, but kernel headers.
> These drivers require 2.2.16 (generally, pre 2.4) headers,
> where RH7.0 by default installs 2.4 headers.
>
> After one links /usr/inlcude/linux and /usr/include/asm
> to the directories in 2.2.16 kernel source tree,
> both gcc and kgcc compile those drivers fine.

Better to install the 2.2.16 source package and
use -I/usr/src/linux/include and leave the headers
in /usr/include alone. It could break something else
since glibc and the rest of the system is built
with these headers.

	-Thomas