[tulip] tulip.c won't compile on my redhat linux7.0 box

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:36:29 -0500

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote:

> Kai Tan wrote:
> > i just installed redhat linux7.0 from their installation CDs. i tried to
> > compile tulip.c. here's the message i got when trying to compile tulip.c:
> >
> > tulip.c: In function `tulip_open':
> > tulip.c:1437: structure has no member named `tbusy'
> > tulip.c:1438: structure has no member named `start'
> [snip]

The only kernels which do not have these members are kernels after
2.3.40 or so.  You need to use the in-kernel tulip driver (CONFIG_TULIP)
instead.

> I have seen it said that the compiler shipped with RH is buggy, and that
> there is another compiler supplied with KDE that should be used instead.

This is a red herring.

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik             | Dinner is ready when
Building 1024           | the smoke alarm goes off.