[tulip] tulip.c won't compile on my redhat linux7.0 box

David Lerner dslerner@ieee.org
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:56:08 -0500

Kai Tan wrote:

> i just installed redhat linux7.0 from their installation CDs. i tried to
> compile tulip.c. here's the message i got when trying to compile tulip.c:
>
> tulip.c: In function `tulip_open':
> tulip.c:1437: structure has no member named `tbusy'
> tulip.c:1438: structure has no member named `start'
[snip]

> any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>
> KT

Red Hat 7.0 is distributed with a problematic version of gcc. The kgcc
package
contains a version of gcc that you must use to build the kernel or any
external
kernel modules. You need to install the kgcc rpm and modify the Makefile
to use
kgcc instead of gcc.

Dave