[tulip] Re: Kingston

Christopher E. Brown cbrown@denalics.net
Mon, 22 May 2000 12:12:27 -0900 (HADT)

On Mon, 22 May 2000, David Thompson wrote:

> Yes, we're seeing some problems with a similar configuration (kingston
> 21143, tulip v0.91g, to a cisco switch).  Our kernel is much newer,
> 2.2.12.  In the testing I've done, that cards start out negotiating
> correctly (full dup), but then randomly drop back to half dup.
>
> This sucks.
>
> I also tried to force full duplex everywhere.  The options= parameter
> doesn't seem to work as documented on these cards.
>
> Anyone else have any experience with this?

	What Kingston card?  I have had zero problems with the
KNE100TX units.  The later ones (21143 based) require a .91 driver,
but thats it.  I have > 100 used (20 somthing are 21143), and about 15
of the 21143 units are talking to cisco switches.

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.