PCMCIA Driver for SMC 10/100 CardBus

Richard Atterer atterer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun May 7 12:41:32 2000

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 11:01:42PM +0000, Donald Becker wrote:
> > Subject: Re: PCMCIA Driver for SMC 10/100 CardBus
>
> The SMC CardBus adapter is known to work.
> They sent me one to test with.

When did they send it? I'm asking because they seem to have changed
the design of the card without also changing the name or model
number. (The PCMCIA ID *has* changed, though.) v0.91g most definitely
doesn't work with it, and IIRC neither does 0.91x.

> >  Port selection is 10mpbs-serial, full-duplex.
> >  Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, full-duplex.
> >   The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
> >   The Tx process state is 'Waiting for Tx to finish'.

Only looks too familiar... :-(

> Bad.. that usually indicates a media selection problem.
>
> I'm certain that v92, with no external modifications, works -- I just tested
> it.

Sounds good - I'll try it!

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer (currently at Queen's University, Belfast, NI)
  | \/¯|  http://www.in.tum.de/~atterer/
  ¯ ´` ¯