tulip-diag - chip has no IRQ???

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat May 6 01:10:53 2000

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Thomas Gagne wrote:

> What is this telling me?  Everything works fine in Windows (I hate writing
> that).
>
>tulip-diag.c:v1.19 10/2/99 Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
> Index #1: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0.
> This chip has not been assigned a valid IRQ, and will not function.
> This must be fixed in the PCI BIOS setup.  The device driver has no way
> of changing the PCI IRQ settings.
> This chip has not been assigned a valid I/O address, and will not function.
> If you have warm-booted from another operating system, a complete
> shut-down and power cycle may restore the card to normal operation.

For a CardBus card this is telling you that the PCMCIA code did not assign
resources to the card, presumably because
   it didn't have IRQs and memory space to assign.
   it was confused because of a memory or IRQ leak.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210
Annapolis MD 21403