What is the problem with the Linksys LNE 10/100 card?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Thu Mar 30 18:50:02 2000

Christopher Smith wrote:
> For the record, I tried 2.2.15pre16 which has some of Jeff's tulip
> patches..... still doesn't work with my Linksys card... :-(

FYI, there was only one small patch, and that shouldn't affect your chip
at all, just the 21041-based boards.

And since I don't want anyone to get a wrong impression, I just want to
point out that I'm not really supporting 2.2.x, since I have way too
much to do for the 2.4.0 release at the moment :/

My standard advice for 2.2.x kernels is to try the latest stable kernel,
both 'tulip' and 'old_tulip'.  If neither works for you, then try
Donald's stable, test, and 'kern-2.3' tulip drivers to see if they work
for you under 2.2.x.  If none of those work for you, THEN go to the
latest 2.3.x development kernel version (the one I'm working on).

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a