What is the problem with the Linksys LNE 10/100 card?

Jerry Normandin Jerry_Normandin@brown.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:00:02 2000

I had a problem with the Tulip card using Kernel 2.2.6, as it turns out,
using the kernel debugger it looked like that the problem was really
with
the PCI code.  So instead of attempting to fix up the code I decided to
use a new kernel. kernel 2.2.14 works flawlessly m, it also works fine
with the
kernel provided tulip driver.

On a 100BaseT network I get 860k/sec READS!!!!!!  LinuxPPC running on a
G3 w/256MB RAM.
The test client was a 200Mhz PPro w/LinkSYS card running kernel 2.2.14
w/160MB RAM

I can't ask for more than that!

And I tried to lock up my network!