[tulip] RE: Problem with LNE100TX (ver4.1)

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:03:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 28 Jun 2000 thomas@wong.as wrote:

>  I recently bought more than 10 pcs of LNE100TX (ver 4.1 this is printed on the
> card itself) and found that my RH6.2 doesn't recognize it. I try to compile the

The v4.* boards use the ADMtek Comet/Centaur chip.

The Tulip driver has supported this since August '99.  The version in
the kernel has diverged and not incorported the new support.

> tulip.c (v0.92) and found that it return me this error after I do the "insmod
> tulip.o"
> >> unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
> >> unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

Read
  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

There is a Makefile, a .tgz file, and a SRPM to try to make this easier.

> Bus No Device No ... Vendor ID  Device ID   ... IRQ
>   0      19      ...  1317        0985      ...  5

Yup, an AN983 Centaur-C (nee AN985).

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403