[tulip] Linksys NE 10/100 ver 4 ethernet card

loren shocking@home.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:15:16 -0700 (PDT)

I am having problems with the new linKsys 10/100 card version 4

#### /proc/pci ####
  Bus  0, device  19, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 17).
      Vendor id=1317. Device id=985.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 5.  Master
Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=255.Max Lat=255.
      I/O at 0xec00 [0xec01].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe2000000 [0xe2000000].
#### end /proc/pci ####

I found Vendor ID of 1317 and Device ID of 981 in tulip.c:v091g however
this card shows above in the piece of /proc/pci shows the Device ID of 985
(not 981).

I added an entry in tulip.c with the new device ID and this allowed the
driver to be loaded and ifup did assigne an IP to the device however it
was definately NOT working.  I am not sure what to add to this except my
kernel version is 2.2.14 with the extended raid patch applied.

After building the pci-scan and loading it, the tulip driver would not
load (in original condition).

What is the deal with this new product ID and when can I expect to upgrade
to this new card.  I already have several Version 2 cards but these
Version 4 cards are all I can find localy now...  I assume that there are
going to be a lot of people looking for this fix.  I hope it is something
that can be done before I can learn how :)

Thanks,
Loren