[tulip] Confusing EtherPower behavior w/ two cards

Thomas Gagne tgagne@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:35:07 -0400

--------------7436F90BF613E174CEFEDF0B

1) if one card is in the machine, at base x6500, it doesn't work
2) if two cards are in the machine, one at x6500 and the other at x6600, the
one at x6500 starts working (kinda)
3) the hub light is on for the card @ x6500, but the card's T/R light blinks

tulip-diag for that machine (linux 2.2.14) is attached.

Oh, and by the way, I caught my problem with debu= instead of debug=.

--
For Open Source Middleware Visit http://home.netcom.com/~tgagne

--------------7436F90BF613E174CEFEDF0B

tulip-diag.c:v1.19 10/2/99 Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Index #1: Found a Digital DC21041 Tulip adapter at 0x6500.
 Port selection is half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit unit is set to store-and-forward.
  The NWay status register is 000020c4.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Ability detect'.
Index #2: Found a Digital DC21041 Tulip adapter at 0x6600.
 Port selection is full-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit unit is set to store-and-forward.
  The NWay status register is 000001cc.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

--------------7436F90BF613E174CEFEDF0B--