Tulips works but my brain does'nt

Hal Murray murray@pa.dec.com
Thu Jan 6 02:11:11 2000

> If I disconnect it from the hub and plug it back in
> Port selection is 10mpbs-serial 100baseTx scrambler, full-duplex.

Hubs are half duplex.  Mixing full and half is a well known way to
get really confused.  At least at 100.  I'm not sure what happens
at 10 but I'd be surprised if anything good happened.

The symptoms are that it works fine for light load, like ping and
opening an FTP connection.  But as soon as you try a heavy load,
say FTPing a big file, things grind to a halt.