Pesky transmit time out

Stephen R. van den Berg srb@cuci.nl
Mon Jan 3 19:36:23 2000

Bob wrote:
>Very often new code is more stable than old, contrary to
>what some tend to think, so if you need stability for your ip
>aliasing gateway use 91u.

Except, AFAIK, it doesn't work with 2.2.x kernels, or does it?

> I've been using it with PNIC and
>21143 cards. You don't just compile tulip.c any more. Get all
>files at the url.

Nonetheless, I believe that the most stable version of the Tulip driver
is the one which includes Wolfgang Walter's patches (available in the
upcoming 2.2.14 kernel), and some assorted changes from Donald's 0.91u
(I posted a patch here some days ago).  There still might be some hidden
changes in 0.91u which I didn't spot, though.
--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

"ICMP: The protocol that goes PING!"