IntraServer Quad Ethernet

jason@topic.com.au jason@topic.com.au
Sun Feb 20 06:53:46 2000

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

get the tulip-diag.c from the website and check if it is in full or half
duplex. then confirm that your hub/switch supports the mode you are trying
to use.  some hubs/switches/cards have trouble autodetecting the correct
mode.

anyone else have ideas.

Rick Kiessig [rick@kiessig.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the Tulip driver with the IntraServer ITI-5232E-N Quad
> Ethernet board.
>
> It boots fine and finds all four ports.  But I'm getting a really excessive
> number of collisions (as reported by ifconfig), which slows the network
> speed down to something barely usable.  Swapping cables/switches/hubs
> doesn't help.  I've compiled-in the driver (it's not a module).  I'm using
> RedHat 6.1 with Linux 2.2.14, with a vanilla tulip.c version 0.91 of
> 7/16/99.
>
> Has anyone seen this kind of problem before?
>
> Perhaps the DE4X5 driver is a better choice for this board?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick
> rick@kiessig.com

Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty. Ltd.         Mobile: 0418 29 66 81
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602         http://www.topic.com.au/

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--