DEC21041 chip has no IRQ 0

Richard rysh@home.nl
Mon Feb 7 07:21:56 2000

Hello

I have a a Farallon Etherwave PN593 PCI-Networkcard with a DEC DC21041
chip. it doesnt get an IRQ assigned through the BIOS. This is why the
tulip module also loads with IRQ 0 (null) and is not usable in LINUX ...
By windoze it gets irq 4 ...

This is the output from the tulip-dialog program

tulip-diag.c:v1.19 10/2/99 Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Index #1: Found a Digital DC21041 Tulip adapter at 0xe800.
This chip has not been assigned a valid IRQ, and will not function.
 This must be fixed in the PCI BIOS setup.  The device driver has no way
 of changing the PCI IRQ settings.
 Port selection is half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit unit is set to store-and-forward.
  The NWay status register is 000000c4.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

when i change the BIOS settings and ENABLE the "PNP-OS" function the
networkcard gets IRQ 5
Thats ok with me. But then the Video adapter get IRQ 11 and that i had
reserved for my Gravis Ultra sound

Is there another way to get this card working under linux to force the
tulip module to use IRQ 4 ??

please email me because i am not on this list

Richard