[tulip] errors using tulip in a compaq Alpha ds10

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:31:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Kelly Roestel wrote:

> I am getting a lot of RX error on a HP switch connected to a Compaq Alpha
> ds10 that is using the onboard ethernet.  Most of the errors are FCS and
> alignment errors.  I was wondering if someone was having this problem as
> well.  I have included the tulip-diag report.  Please any help would be
> great.

What was the driver detection message?

Usually FCS/CRC and alignment error indicated corrupted packets due to bad
cables.

The only outstanding problem report with the DS10 is that sometimes the
21143 chips don't switch into full duplex mode, and you get reported
collisions.  This problem is easy to identify:
   the chip is set to full duplex mode
   the Tx collision count is incrementing
I belive that this is fixed with the current driver, but it's a pretty
obscure bug so I can't be certain.