[tulip] ADMtek Centaur Card isn't recognized...

Mr V (Note my email change!!!) volentib@netmdc.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:03:03 -0700

Just in case this didn't make it to the group last time...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr V. [mailto:volentib@charter.net]On Behalf Of Mr V (Note my
email change!!!)
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:48 PM
To: 'David E. Munk'
Subject: RE: [tulip] ADMtek Centaur Card isn't recognized...

	The drivers I finally found worked.  It's just a matter of getting it all
together.

1.  	Copy the netdrivers.tgz file to, say, /netdrivers and then decompress
the file
	using 'tar xzvf netdrivers.tgz'

2. 	Run a compile on them by typing 'make' in the /netdrivers directory

3.	Now, after all of the error messages (and there will be TONS), run
'depmod -a'

4.	Okay, run 'insmod pci-scan.o'   followed by 'insmod tulip.'  Assuming you
get no error output, you're good to go.

5.	If the modules loaded (and you got no errors) you should be able to run
'ifconfig' and see an entry for 'eth0; in addition to 'lo'.  Run the
ifconfig even if you did get erros just to be safe.

6.	If your 'ifconfig' shows an 'eth0' is loaded, copy your new pci-scan.o
and tulip.o modules to EVERY directory on your system that has them in it
now.  (Run a 'locate tulip.o' and it will tell you where the files are
located.)  It will probably be '/lib/modules/2.2.xx-xx/net' AND
'/lib/modules/2.2.xx-xxBOOT/net'

7. Do a 'shutdown -r now' and see if it recognizes the card - it should.

8. Good luck <G>