[tulip] LNE100TXversion 4.1 support status?

Erik Steffl steffl@bigfoot.com
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:05:05 -0800

"Stephen Gutknecht (vw)" wrote:

> Erik,
>
> I can't help you other than to answer your question :)  The last three
> versions of the Linkssys LNE100TX have wake-on LAN.  I own several of the
> Version 2.0 and Version 4.1 adapters (all of which have Wake On LAN).
>
> If you go to this page:
> http://www.linksys.com/download/
>
> And select "LNE100TX" you will see photographs of each of the chipsets.

  I have the one listed as first, I guess it's the most recent one, the
card says LNE100TX version 4.1

> The short version is that you must be using a recent version of tulip.o for
> the LNE100TX Version 4.1.   What version of tulip.o are you using?

  I tried the ones from download page and the test drivers that Donald
Becker said are needed for full duplex support. I still have the same
problem, no matter which driver I use. The test driver is slightly
better because it does not suffer from freeze (after freeze I needed to
reload drivers to be able to transmit anything, then it worked until
next freeze).

  No matter which driver I use the carrier errors are there, the tx
fails fairly often during heavy traffic and tulip diag (patched and
unpatched) says the link is half-duplex.

  is it possible that even though the card says version 4.1 it is
slightly different from other 4.1 cards? or is there some obscure
problem with my set-up/HW?

  are you using the LNE100TX cards in 100Mbs full duplex mode?

	erik