[tulip] Linksys card recognition?

David R. Kohel kohel@maths.usyd.edu.au
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:55:52 -0700

Hi,

I just obtained a Linksys LNE100TX card; no eth0 line appear in the
boot sequence.  I find that the entry in /proc/pci is

  Bus  0, device  14, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 17).
      Vendor id=1317. Device id=985.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master
      Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=255.Max Lat=255.
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe001].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xd5810000 [0xd5810000].

That is, it doesn't appear to pick up the chip LNE100TX or any other
identifier.  Thereafter 'insmod tulip.o' gives an error message saying
that the device is busy.

This is my first time to use a PCI card; any advice on forcing the
card to be recognized would be greatly appreciated.  I'm running
a Debian system with kernel 2.2.15.

--David