[tulip] LNE100tx v4.1 and mandrake 7.1

Mark Gray markgray@iago.nac.net
10 Aug 2000 22:27:37 -0400

"Paul Pals" <palspf@earthlink.com> writes:

> Has anyone out there been able to configure this LAN card with
> mandrake 7.1.  I am having nothing but problems.  I am relatively
> new at Linux and I hope someone can tell me what to do.  Please
> help!

This card will not work with the stock driver included with the kernel
(even the latest 2.2.16 or 2.4.0 kernel) You need to download,
compile, and install the latest driver.  See:

  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
and
  http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

for instructions.

(How you managed to find this mailing list without having tried the
latest driver is beyond me, but I take it that you did -- if I am
wrong I apologize for making that assumption.)