[tulip] Linksys LNE100TX v4.1 RPM Compile Problem

root bricc@gte.net
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:35:19 -0400

I'm relatively new to Linux, so I really appreciate any help that you
may have to offer.

Anyway, I am running RedHat 6.2 and I cannot seem to get my Linksys
LNE100TX NIC to work.  When attempting to use the tulip.c driver that
was standard with RH6.2, I get a "device is busy" message.  So, I am
attempting to upgrade to the latest version of tulip.c.  I've attempted
use both the RPM format as well as the stand alone module, but I get
errors on all sides.

When attempting to use the RPM, I get to the rpm -bb command and it
fails with the following message:
"make: *** no rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/8390.h' ,
needed by `ne2k-pci.o'. Stop.
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.xxxxx"

When attempting to compile tulip.c alone I get all kinds of warning
messages, but no tulip.o file.

Thanks for your help,
Brian Hanks