Question on changing MAC addresses

jlhagen@collins.rockwell.com jlhagen@collins.rockwell.com
Thu Apr 27 15:49:02 2000

"ifconfig"
I found an on-line man page for ifconfig( at
http://matrix.linux-help.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi ) and under
"  hw class address
              Set  the hardware address of this interface, if the
              device driver supports this operation.  The keyword
              must  be followed by the name of the hardware class
              and the printable ASCII equivalent of the  hardware
              address.    Hardware  classes  currently  supported
              include ether (Ethernet), ax25 (AMPR AX.25), ARCnet
              and netrom (AMPR NET/ROM). "

Is it safe to conclude that Donald's driver for the above cards ( tulip.c ??)
provides this capability?? I can guess the answer is yes but just want
to be sure.

Thanks again,
John

Sami YOUSIF <syousif@INAME.COM> on 04/27/2000 01:01:43 PM