Quad Tulip Configuration

Trevor Coghlan trevorc@home.net
Tue Apr 4 16:29:25 2000

Hello ...

I have a CeLan 4 port PCI ethernet adapter I'm having some problems
configuring. The tulip chip is a 21142.

The system is an IBM PC 365 P-Pro (180 mhz), SuSE 6.3, Kernel 2.2.13.
I'm using tulip driver .89 .

Eth0 comes up and works, however eth1, eth2, eth3 all get SIOCSIFADDR : no
such device messages.

I've tried adding io=0x5000,0x5040 ... etc to the modules.conf statement. I
do have the alias eth0 tulip, alias eth1 tulip ...  etc  statements in the
modules.conf file.

I've also tried the reverse probe option, no change.

I'm on a 10base-t network with a Allied Telesyn mini hub. eth1 is connected
with a crossover cat5 utp cable to another pc (3com 509 in it).

Any suggestions, advice would be appreciated.

Trevor