ANA-62044?

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 16 16:55:47 1999

On 16 Sep 1999, Istvan Marko wrote:

> Our vendor has just surprised us with an ANA-62044 instead of the
> trusty old ANA-6944. Is anyone familiar with this card? Should we just
> return it or is there any hope for it?
>
> The card has four chips labelled AIC-6915P that look somewhat like the
> Tulip chips used on the 6944. Please let me know if you'd like me to
> provide more info...

Ask Adaptec -- they now claim to support Linux.
Report their answer here for our amusement.

Then get starfire.c from
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/
or
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ethercard.html
   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/starfire.c

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html