Problems with LNE100TX

Chen-Yuan Wu gordonw@apexxtech.com
Wed Sep 15 20:34:25 1999

Hi:
     Can you tell me what is the motherboard you are using? If you are using
a motherboard with award bios and VIA chipset, please check the following:
when your system boot up, do you see the
vender id the production correctly? I forget ther vender id, but the product
id should be c115.
      I have encountered some problems with LNE 100TX with some motherboards
that the Motherboard couldn't correctly recognize the NIC( either miss it
totally, or come up with false vender id and production id, such as c115
will become 4115, then tulip.o will have some problem with the NIC), I have
try serveral different motherboards (via 82c5856, via 82c598 and intel TX
chipset) and more than twenty linksys LNE 100TXs. The problem is that some
NICs work ok, but some NICs are just couldn't be recgonized
correctly(sometimes swap slot helps, but once it wouln't work in that
particular slot, it will never work in that particular slot). I have contact
the MB manufacturers and linksys. It looks like a hardware mismatch for me,
but these motherboards work fine with other NICs
such as the old PNIC, DEC base, eepro100,via-rhine base, real-tek 8139 base,
NICs. I tend to think there is some problem in the LNE100TX NICs.
I hope I can hear from linksys soon.

Ok, I found your device ID from your post, and it maybe wrong

>   PCI Subsystem IDs  Vendor 11ad Device 01c0

Gordon