Olicom RapidFire 2327 NIC w/ DEC 21143

root root@jeff.home.net
Thu Sep 2 20:39:59 1999

I'm running RH 6 on a Pentium 3, any I'm trying to get a Olicom RapidFire
2327 NIC to work RedHat auto-detects this card and loads the tulip driver
without any problems, and the device if ifconfig'd and turns into eth0.

That is as far as you get, after that no traffic will go through the card,
and it constantly sends out some kind of signal because my hub activity light
goes on and stays blinking pretty consistently (due to this card), and when you try
to unload the driver (rmmod) it says device busy.

The card has a single twisted-pair port.

Any insights into how to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
In the mean time I'll try to add a card descriptor entry for the
card.  Thank's for your help!

Patrick Marks
mmarks@interlog.com