Tulip (LiteOn) gives ontinuous "Transmit timed-out" messages

Ron Flory ron.flory@adtran.com
Sat Oct 23 11:10:52 1999

hi again.

Donald Becker wrote:
> This is the new Lite-On PNIC-II chip.
> You'll need the v0.99g or later driver to work properly with this chip.
>
> ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/tulip.c

 Before I posted my original message I noticed that directory, and the
tulip.c file, however that file appears to be an older version:

   "tulip.c:v0.91g 7/16/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov\n"

 .91g instead of .99g; maybe this is just a typo in the version msg.

 I also looked into .../pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/tulip.c, but its date
and version number reads:

   "tulip.c:v0.91u 10/15/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov\n"

 this is clearly a very recent file.  Is the file you meant to be used?

 In either case i'll give them a shot when I get home.

 Thanks-
ron