Tulip (LiteOn) gives ontinuous "Transmit timed-out" messages

Donald Becker becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 23 00:35:24 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, ron flory wrote:

>  I've read the previous post with a similar title, but the updated drive
> made my problem worse- it won't compile under 2.2.13.
>  The suggested driver on the tulip page is:
>
> "tulip.c:v0.91 4/14/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov\n"
>    Ethernet controller: LiteOn Unknown device (rev 37).
>    Vendor id=11ad. Device id=c115.

This is the new Lite-On PNIC-II chip.
You'll need the v0.99g or later driver to work properly with this chip.

   ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/tulip.c

>  When I download and build the new (2.3.x) driver
>    ("tulip.c:v0.91u 10/15/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov\n")
>
> I get hundreds of errors (its intended for 2.3.x, of course).

It will work with any post-1.2.0 kernel, you will just need a few additional
header files from
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, and
USRA-CESDIS,   becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov