Problems with D-Link DFE-570TX

Jarlath Burke jburke@asitatech.ie
Thu Oct 21 07:38:43 1999

Hi all,
I have two machines using the D-link DFE-570TX quad-channel NIC with the
Digital DS21143 Tulip chip on Redhat Linux 5.1 kernel 2.0.34 tulip driver
0.91.
I configured the eth0 interface on each NIC and connected them using a
crossover cable. When I run ttcp I get ~90Mbits/s performance but if I bring
either of the configured interfaces down and up again, I get a major
reduction in performance, typically ~25Mbits/s but sometimes as low as
~5Mbits/s.
Has anyone seen this problem before?
Is it some sort of autonegotiation bug and does the later releases of the
tulip driver address this problem?

Thanks,
Jarlath

Jarlath Burke