Performance

Christopher E. Brown cbrown@denalics.net
Fri Oct 15 20:09:07 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Omar wrote:
> They're the direct analog of teliomeres in cells (which also get
> "decremented" every time a cell divides until they go away, at which
> point the cell is tremendously weakened or dies).  I guess
> God/Evolution/Both (take your pick) thought a TTL field was a good thing
> as well, perhaps to keep individuals like certain Senators from North
> Carolina from clogging up the network of humanity for all time.

	Yes, this is a severe design issue from my view.  Going to
have to hack this and add some better repair facilities if I am to be
around when the 64bit UNIX clock rollover happens.

 ---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.