tulip driver

Colleen & Ken colnken@mediaone.net
Wed Oct 13 17:07:26 1999

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF159E.62CC8590

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Linux, and I'm trying to load the tulip driver =
that comes with Red Hat Linux 6.0 with a Linksys 10/100 EtherFast NIC =
onto an Intel PC.  It has a dual Pentium III 500 MHz setup.  The =
installed kernel is 2.2.5-15smp. =20

I've tried installing the driver from Linuxconf and Control Panel both =
with and without specifying an IRQ (I used IRQ 10 since this is what is =
specified with this NIC during bootup).  I also tried "insmod tulip.o" =
from the command line, but it came back with "device or resource is =
busy" message.  "lsmod" only showed lo and not eth0. =20

I also tried compiling other tulip drivers from Linksys and the web, but =
they came back with errors in the header files about APIC_BASE and =
APIC_ID not being declared (even though they seem to be declared in =
"i82489.h". =20

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Hoose=20
colnken@mediaone.net=20

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF159E.62CC8590

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm relatively new to Linux, and I'm trying to load =
the tulip=20
driver that comes with Red Hat Linux 6.0 with a Linksys 10/100 EtherFast =
NIC=20
onto an Intel PC.&nbsp; It has a dual Pentium III 500 MHz setup.&nbsp; =
The=20
installed kernel is 2.2.5-15smp.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've tried installing the driver from Linuxconf and =
Control=20
Panel both with and without specifying an IRQ (I used IRQ 10 since this =
is what=20
is specified with this NIC during bootup).&nbsp; I also tried "insmod =
tulip.o"=20
from the command line, but it came back with "device or resource is =
busy"=20
message.&nbsp; "lsmod" only showed lo and not eth0.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I also tried compiling other tulip drivers from =
Linksys and=20
the web, but they came back with errors in the header files about =
APIC_BASE and=20
APIC_ID not being declared (even though they seem to be declared in=20
"i82489.h".&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ken Hoose </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A =
href=3D"mailto:colnken@mediaone.net">colnken@mediaone.net</A>=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF159E.62CC8590--