Please help

Vojtech Pavlik vojtech@suse.cz
Tue Oct 12 12:20:17 1999

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 07:56:35AM -0500, Mob-Rules wrote:
> Which is better (less problems faster throughput)  tulip or via rhine?
> I currently have an older Linksys 89c168
> and need to purchase another nic but was wondering which is the better:
> Linksys
> or the Dlink DFE530TX?

I've been achieving best results with 3c905-B and -C lately. 12.5 megs/sec
is a good result (unidirectional) with full duplex and for bidirectional transfer
I'm getting a bit more than 10 megs/sec. With tulip, the numbers are lower,
especially for the unidirectional transfer, with the bidirectional one
the difference is not that big.

Vojtech