LNE100TX problem ....

pradnya pradnya@singnet.com.sg
Thu Oct 7 12:50:25 1999

Hi All,
           Yeah. Restting the PnP in BIOS setting to "No" did the trick :-) . I
had already compiled the latest tulip module from the tulip.c from NASA site. The
LNE100TX (82C115) started using IRQ 11.
           And ... hurrah ... I managed to connect to the router as well as I
managed to telnet from SPARC-IPX  to my Linux box.  Exciting days ahead when I
develop a small network at home once I buy the  small ethernet hub . I have one
SPARC-2 and IPX lying around.
           Thanks to all who responded to the query and gave useful hints.
           However the network speed is around 1 MB/s (bit less). I expected it
to be 10 MB/s.
           I tested this by FTPing a 10 MB file a few times between the Sun-IPX
(Running minimal Debian Ultralinux) and Linux box (x86/SUSE 6.2).
           Any idea why the speed is 10th of what it should be ?

Cheers ...
Shrikant