21143 specific problems

Simon Lindsay simon@iweb.net.au
Thu Sep 30 19:27:19 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, David Sean Friedman wrote:

> Excerpts from tulip: 30-Sep-99 Re: 21143 specific problems by David Sean
> Friedman@andr
> > I'm not completely convinced FD is broken on the 21143. One thing I'd
> > like to try tomorrow is connecting the two machines directly with a
> > crossover cable, and setting them to 100Tx-FD. That should show whether
> > this is a negotiation or FD problem.
> I just finished this. By setting both the tulip and the eepro100 to
> 100baseTx-FD and connecting them with a crossover cable, both TCP and
> UDP performance were ~90Mb/s either transmitting or receiving.
>
> So I guess it's only a problem when autonegotiation is used.

Just on that, what are the parameters for setting to 100mb, half duplex in
lilo? Are the parameters documented somewhere? I could find them on the
tulip page.

TIA

Simon Lindsay                                        simon@iweb.net.au
Technical Manager                                   Icq.       1485568
The Internet Company Pty. Ltd.           http://www.iweb.net.au/~simon
InterWeb Connections and Portal.net                 Ph. (08) 8221 5444
------- Speed with Service --------                 Fx. (08) 8221 5450