Trouble Compiling - Mandrake 6.1

Fuzzy Fox fox@foxtaur.com
Tue Nov 2 11:50:21 1999

Torrey Peacock <cybertori@home.com> wrote:

> > I copied it over the tulip.c in the source directory and just
> > compiled it with the kernel. no problems there.
>
> A couple of people have suggested this, so I tried it, and the hell of
> it is, it STILL didn't compile!  The kernel and every other module
> came out fine, but not tulip.

If there had been a compiler error, then the kernel build would have
failed.  Did you configure the kernel and tell it you wanted the tulip
driver included?  It might have just skipped it because it wasn't told
to compile it.  Did you tell configure that you wanted it to be a
module?  Did you "make modules"?  I don't know what to assume you did or
did not try.

--
   fox@dallas.net (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."