State of the Driver address

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 31 08:09:09 1999

I'm leaving today for a sailing trip, and from there I'll be going to
Usenix.  That means about three weeks before any possible driver updates, and
likely that long before I can respond to any messages.

I've put the latest drivers version on
    ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/tulip.c
although it's not-quite-tested code.

The known issues remaining are:
  21041 media selection problem, which I haven't yet gotten right with 0.91+.

  CardBus card suspend/resume

  Various unconfirmed reports about specific cards not working.
   (e.g. Matrox multiport, which is a well-known problem, laptop built-in
   21143, etc.)

Since I'll be gone, please agressively answer questions, test code and
terminate spammers ;->.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html