Kingston QC blows

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Wed May 26 01:28:31 1999

With regards to your message at 03:48 PM 05-25-99 -0700, Liem Bahneman.
Where you stated:

>In my quest to continue purchasing non-clone tulip-based boards I came
>across the Kingston KNE100TX board. A nice board, the first batch of 10 or
>so we got worked great. Then they came out with the KNE110TX which has the
>lite-on chip. Well, I still managed to find a batch of 20 or so
>KNE100TX's, but man what a poor bunch these were. 10 out of the 20 either
>were DOA or died within 3 days of use!
>
>So, I'm pretty much giving up on them, I thought I managed to find one
>more board that had not been discontinued for the clones..
>
>So what are my options now? Who still makes tulip-based 10/100 boards in
>quantity?

Acer ALN-310
We use LOTs of them, they are 21140-AE and they work fine. Cost about $33
each.

Best regards,

  Maurice W. Hilarius             NEW!  Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
  Hard Data Ltd.                  NEW!  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
  11060 - 166 Avenue                    email:maurice@harddata.com
  Edmonton, AB, Canada  - T5X 1Y3       http://www.harddata.com