setting up network

M.Brands shrike@il.fontys.nl
Wed May 12 21:30:51 1999

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 04:45:13PM -0700, aparna1@asu.edu allegedly wrote:
> Hi!
> I am new to Linux as well as to installation procedures.
> I am setting up a private network with 3 laptops each of which has a red hat
> linux - 5.2 loaded on it. While comfiguring the network through linux tools,
> in the network card driver's list, it doesn't show the driver for the network
> card 3c574-TX.
> I can see the file 3c574_cs in the /lib/modules/2.0.36-0.7/pcmcia/3c574_cs.0
> in the PCMCIA package.
> Also I have assigned the IP addresses to each of these laptops. Now when I try
> to ping at these assigned addresses. Each machine is able to ping with it's
> own IP address and waits indefinitely if given other laptop's addresses.
>
> Could anyone help me.

Are these cards based on a Tulip chipset? If not, than you're posting to the
wrong list. This list isn't meant for questions about getting your network
going.

People, please don't send these kind of questions to this list. This list is
meant for users of DEC Tulip based cards. If you can't get you network to
work because you don't know how or keep running into problems you can't solve,
try reading the HOWTO's first. Most of your questions will probably be
answered. Unless you're using a Tulip based card that's causing problems...

Btw. I'll mail you privately with some suggestions.

Mathijs