broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 30 00:05:01 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Anthony Rumble wrote:

> Realtek have Tulip based cards?
> I thought realtek only had Ne2000 clone garbage..

They're not tulip cards (I wish).  But genuine cheap tulip cards are
getting harder and harder to find -- after all, THEY are Intel cards now
too, and Intel just doesn't do the low margin thing unless they cannot
avoid it.

The realtek cards may be garbage, but I want to try to get numbers
before I conclude anything one way or another.  For $20/each (US) I can
afford to buy three of them for what I would might pay for one eepro100.
I'm testing them in my home beowulf, so there is no harm done if they
aren't any good.

  rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu