broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2

W Christopher Martin ml-linux-tulip@catnap.net
Mon Mar 29 11:31:19 1999

Anthony Rumble writes:
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:35:46 +1100 (EST)
> To: linux-tulip@beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov
> cc: support@netgear.matrixx.net
> Subject: broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2
> I have tried both the stock 2.0.36 tulip.c driver, as well as the Netgear
> modified v0.89k tulip.c that comes on their driver disk..
>
> When the machine boots detects the card, configures it fine...
>
> But if I try pinging any hosts on my ethernet, nothing..
>
> Now.. I run tcpdump to see whats going on.. and suddenly it works.

FWIW, you aren't the only one experiencing this problem.  We buy a lot
of NetGear FA310TX cards and have seen this in a handful of machines
so far.  There hasn't been any consistency about what motherboards
fail or any other factor that we can determine.  We are running the
v0.90q version of tulip.c.

We'll continue to try to track this down and will post our results.

Regards,
Chris Martin
Catnap Consultants