SVEC FD1002-TX

Kenji Yasaka ky@ymo.org
Thu Mar 25 03:19:58 1999

From: Kenji Yasaka <ky@ymo.org>
ky> becker>    Your card hasn't been assigned an IRQ by the PCI BIOS.
ky> becker>        Read "The Solutions" section in
ky> becker>           http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html
ky>
ky> Humm, BIOS reports that my network card has IRQ11, and the same for
ky> /proc/pci. Also, my video card(RIVA 128ZX) is on IRQ11 both on BIOS
ky> reports and on /proc/pci. Could this be a problem?

It turns out that I was using a wrong slot for ethernet. I installed
the card next to the AGP slot on the motherboard. This caused to map
same IRQ on both video and network card. When I moved my ethernet card
to the most far slot from AGP, it worked... I'm sorry for all the
trouble that I caused and thank you very much for your kind support.

regards,

Kenji Yasaka
Keio University Gradute School of Media and Governance
E-mail: ky@ymo.org