NCR53C815 vs Tulip: sharing IRQ fails

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 22 06:19:39 1999

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Hardware Stuff wrote:

> I have a system that's not short on IRQs, but in which the BIOS
> insists on giving the DTC 3130B NCR53C815 and the D-Link DFE500-Tx
> 21040 the same IRQ.  The NCR53C815 reports obtaining a shared IRQ and
> functions fine, while it's impossible to ifconfig the Tulip.  It's an
> i386 2.0.36 kernel with the latest patches for the NCR.
>
> I'm be happy if I could force either card to a different IRQ, but
> nothing has worked yet.  Has anyone had this setup working?

Read the instructions in
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html
for info on how to fix the SCSI driver -- it's using the wrong flags for
requesting the interrupt.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html