trying to get tulip.c-0.90Q to work with DEC PC (integrated contr oller)

Metod Kozelj metod.kozelj@rzs-hm.si
Wed Mar 10 01:33:26 1999

Hello,

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, WOLF, PATRICK wrote:

> I load the tulip.o module at boot time.  But networking doesn't come up.

[ snip ]
>   Bus  0, device   3, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: DEC DC21142 (rev 48).
>       Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 255.  Master Capable.
> Latency=165.  Min Gnt=20.Max Lat=40.
>       I/O at 0xec00.
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfedfbc00.

The IRQ 255 means that BIOS is not assigning any IRQ to the Ethernet
controler. Actually BIOS is not initializing it (as the driver says).

The solution is, as previously advertised on this list, to switch off the
'PNP OS' option in the BIOS.

Regards,
  Metod

Metod Kozelj