problem compiling drivers

Aaron Stromas astromas@us.oracle.com
Thu Jan 28 11:34:08 1999

--------------26010EA50AEB62A7BC6371ED

> > "depmod -a" reports unresolved symbols. after some poking around i
> > noticed that i didn't have the /usr/src/linux/net/inet directory. i'm
> > using the debian hamm distribution and so far wasn't able to find the
> > package containing the required files. however, i found all the include
>
> it's part of the kernel source.  the kernel Makefile sets up
> the appropriate links from /usr/include into /usr/src/kernel/include.

i have re-installed the source package and the header package, version
2.0.34 (i _am_ running 2.0.34 kernel).
there /usr/src/linux is linked to /usr/kernel-headers-2.0.34 but
/usr/src/linux only contains the include directory. there is
/usr/src/linux/include/net but not /usr/src/linux/include/net/inet. in
fact, there is no inet directory at all.

i attempted to compile the driver but got the same "unresolved symbols"
error from depmod

do i need to run build the kernel to have the appropriate links set up?

--
Aaron Stromas     |   "Tick-tick-tick!!!... ja, Pantani is weg...."
Oracle Corp.        |       BRTN commentator, L'Alpe d'Huez, 1995 Tour