Multiple, but different tulip drivers?

Greg Herlein gherlein@herlein.com
Fri Jan 15 08:53:34 1999

Hello!

I'm hacking up an experimental version of the tulip driver to do
some strange things on my own... but, the box that I am using has
two tulip-based chips in it.  One is for the normal network, and
the other is for this strange experiment that I am doing.

I figured I could hack the tulip code, name it something else,
compile it as a module and load it - even though the normal
tulip driver was loaded.  No joy.

It looks like the module calls tulip_probe on initialization -
which finds both the cards and then keeps me from later using one
of the cards for other things with another driver.

Is there a simple way to keep it from doing this - I am doubting
it, based on what I read in the source, becasue I do want to keep
the ability to probe for what will be eth0...

If any of you (especially Donald) have an idea, I'd love to hear
it.  :)

Greg

Greg Herlein                               gherlein@herlein.com

Herlein Engineering                             www.herlein.com
Software Development - Communications - Networking - Linux/Unix